On Costuming. . .


The best thing about costuming: There are so many costumes to build. Costuming is such a flexible hobby. When funds are tight, I can find something to build. When I can get extravagant, I can find something to build.

The worst thing about costuming: It is addictive. Every costume I build, every movie I see, every book I read, every dream I remember leads me to another dream project. Another costume on my to do list.

Atris (KOTOR II)




I am currently working on an Atris costume for a friend of mine. The Wookieepedia article on Atris can be found here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Atris



11-25-08
I have almost finished the "Tunic". I decided to do the "tunic" as 2 pieces. The top is a tunic made with the Simplicity pattern # 4450. (currently out of print) The bottom is a wrap-around skirt. That crosses left over right the same as the tunic.


I still need to hem the sleeves and the bottom of the skirt and put in the waist band. I need to have Carol come over for a fitting before I can move on.

1-19-09
Here it is complete.
Photobucket

1/24/09
Carol is wearing it in this picture.
Photobucket

No comments: